About This Experience
This is a 3-day excursion across Hampi. On this journey, we will explore ancient monuments and experience the rural countryside.
Participants will listen to stories of the mighty Vijayanagara kings, how they built this city and learn about their architectural style. They will also get to learn a bit more about the lifestyle of people living in a heritage village by visiting agriculture and dairy farms and interacting with the communities who have settled in these lands. They also have the opportunity to experience the archaeological restoration process as they become archaeologists for a day and conduct a mock excavation activity.
Takeaway for Participants -
- History of Vijayanagara Empire – Formation, Achievements and End
- About unique geology of the region and the Deccan Plateau in general
- City Planning – Function of different structures, layout, architectural features
- To sketch a monument on paper
- Importance of Archaeology and Preservation
- Process involved in Surveying, Excavating, collecting and documenting a site
- Working in teams and demonstrating leadership
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- About livelihoods of people in rural India
- Where the food they eat on a daily basis comes from, what goes into producing it?
- Empathy and understanding of hardships faced by people in rural communities
- Different art forms traditional and new practiced by the rural community here
Glimpses of the Experience
Want us to organize your educational tour?
Great! Send us your contact details in the below form and we will get in touch with you.